An AP Computer Science Principles Course Endorsed by the College Board
2017-2018 Professional Development for High School Teachers
There are two options: research (in which teachers are required to teach the course in 2017-18 and share data with us) and non-research (teachers are not required to teach the course and do not have to share data with us).
- Option 1: Mobile CSP Research Project (must commit to teaching the course in 2017-18 and sharing student data with Mobile CSP) Teachers receive from us a $1,000 stipend at the end of the summer and $1,000 at the end of the school year. These teachers may request an additional $3,000 as summer stipend from DonorsChoose.org. We waive our $2,000 tuition for research participants.
- Option 2: Mobile CSP Professional Development Only (no 2017-18 commitment or student data sharing required) Teachers receive no stipend from us and must pay $2,000 in tuition to participate in the PD. These teachers may request $2,000 to cover their tuition and up to $4,000 for their summer stipend through DonorsChoose.org.
- Option 3: Mobile CSP Immersion Week in Duluth, MN Join us for a week long immersion experience into Mobile CSP professional development! (No stipends, should be teaching the course, travel costs are covered) Learn more.
Format and Location Options
• Regional PD - With Other Teachers from Your Region in groups of about 10 in a hybrid (a combination of two weeks in person and two weeks online*) format. (June 26 - July 21, 2017)
• Online PD - With Other U.S. Teachers Online in small groups of about 10 that will run concurrently with the regional PDs. (June 19 - July 22, 2017)
• Own Pace PD - Online at Your Own Pace. You can work through the PD on your own with support from the community forum. Click here to get started.